Friday, November 7, 2008

First Impressions

Why Good Day Readers!

It is with great giddiness and cheer that I make my debut as guest contributor on this sweet page.

For months and from a great distance I have eagerly watched the evolution of McNest - from sticky kitschy wall borders and vomit-inducing colors to its freshly coated and newly floored self. It's been fun to see, but of course I can say that because I have not been charged with a mortgage payment. And while Nikki and Eddie insist that there is still much to do, like the trees in their backyard, their efforts are already bearing fruit. It's going to be a home sweet home indeed.

And so I want to share with you my first impressions of McNest. For those of you who don't know me, I prefer (quite often) to share my worldly observations in the form of haiku.


Beginnings

A work in progress
comes into its own in time -
like they love y'all share.


Home Improvements

Walls come down. Ideas
begin to take shape. Your home -
there's no place like it.


Why I Heart McNest


Home sweet home awaits
visits from me and game nights.
My room is so sweet!


A First Home for All of Us

A place to gather
to eat, to play and to nap.
Our grown-up hangout.

3 comments:

Wifey2b said...

Danita!
Aw - I love it! Our first guest post by a friend...too sweet.

You are so right too - our grown up hangout!

I am so glad you came home and got to see McNest. Hopefully by your next trip home guest room will be ready for you to use (and the gigantic hole in the wall will be replaced by something lovely and more aesthetically pleasing to the eye!

I also look forward to your move back to the South - game nites are so on when you get back home.
Love ya bunches!

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! I loved the guest post by D. How cool! Nikki, I know you really would love for me to write on your blog, but my words don't flow like Danita's:) Love you both! And...we need more pictures Nikki 1! :)
Nikki C.

Anonymous said...

Marvelous!!!! ~Regina

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com