Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We belong to each other...and have the papers to prove it!

There is actually a real reason to post! We have done not one…but two…count em two…things that will make March 7th possible. Since the day is getting closer and closer - we're trying to make sure that all of the important things are crossed off the list.

First things first…we applied for our marriage license. After making our way to the probate office (good thing they had signs) we found Angie! It’s amazing how easy these things are to get. It was an incredibly quick process (unlike buying a home) and only left us $35 dollars poorer (unlike buying a home).


Angie got our papers ready for us to sign (after verifying we were who we said we were). We then double checked the spellings of our names (cause he’s marrying Nikole not Nicole, Nichole, or Nickole). Unfortunately Eddie did not sign Edward so we had to start all over. Angie is so patient though, and Eddie resigned with his full name
(which was difficult for him since apparently he has never signed with his middle name spelled out so it ruined the feng-shui of his normal signature). I was next. I learned from Eddie’s mishap, so I made sure to sign my full legal name while my hubby to be smiled alongside me.


Angie then did her part – it was totally so official. And here we are with the proof that Pickens County apparently sees no reason why Eddie and I should not be wed! All in all it was a pretty easy experience and one more thing we can mark off the to do list. The other thing that we got to mark off the list was the mattress!

We actually did do a little comparison shopping, but mattress shopping is way harder than one would think. Are you aware that different stores call the same mattress by different names? They do. Not easy to price compare. Also are you aware of all of the coil counts, materials and overall construction of a mattress? Yeah I wasn’t either – and even though I heard them tell me about it I still don’t get it. Basically I was just looking for something that felt like a fluffy pillow.


Mattress shopping was pretty enjoyable though. After all, we were buying something that involved sleeping and you know we’re sleeping aficionados! Basically we climbed in and out of beds and looked at each other and said “do you like this one….do you like this one better than that last one…do you want to try that other one again…can you feel me move when I roll…I like this one...are you sure…” I mean this was serious people. This was an investment into our future. We’re real grownups now!


We did finally make a decision (I know right- I’m shocked too). Eddie and friendly sales guy loaded up the truck (which was parked in the no parking zone) and we took our mattress to its new home at McNest. I think it will be happy there. It definitely won’t be lonely and unloved. As professional napsters we will spend much time there I’m sure.

PS we ended up with a Serta mattress that claims to be a perfect sleeper. I'm going glass half full viewpoint on life and am totally saying that I believe it. But I will let you know if it really holds true to its word after March 7th.


Hopefully we’ll find it comfortable enough to avoid mattress shopping for atleast ten years :) Not because it wasn't fun going into a store and kicking back and relaxing...but because we don't need to spend our life savings on box springs and coil counts and memory foams. Sleep is important but so is a flat screen tv on every wall of every room. Just kidding Lisa (don't have a panic attack). But by the looks of things...I think it's going to be just perfect.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

just want to comment so you dont feel alone :) We at Sharp really enjoy your blog and LOVED the book you made Eddie....he is one lucky man and I think he knows it - which is as it should be! Best wishes on your wedding and cant wait to read more!!

nitadee said...

Hurrah for the stellar mattress! It looks tres comfy, but I mean fuh real - you could put a solid downpayment on a luxury car or something for the price these mugs are costing. I remember getting an entire bed (box springs, frame & mattress) for $250! Talk about a steal, yo.

Anyway, look at y'all - practically official. Can't WAIT to see you this weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Regina K: What is the matress really for? You don't have to lie to me!!!!

PS _ I am finding great games to play for your lingerie shower!!!!

Lisa said...

i will call DSS when you have children if you have flat screen TVs on every wall. that somehow has to be child abuse, lol.

love the post - y'all are too sweet in those pictures! ;)

SO happy for y'all - can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I had to go shopping last weekend for new mattresses for Dakota's bed and we did the same thing...except I found the bed I loved and told Dakota to go find his own...I know...evil stepmother and all that! I can't have a "perfect sleeper" or I would get "relentlessly fired" for being late everyday!

Anonymous said...

Hey guys . . . almost the big day! Best of wishes to both of you! Have a FAB honeymoon and please tell me the blog isn't going away!

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com