Friday, August 8, 2008

My Good Thing

So lately I’ve been having a love affair with Martha Stewart Living and Cottage Living magazines. Basically I just flip through the pages and create the perfect rooms in my head, and I dream of buying things that I’ll probably never buy – like a lovely buffet table that cost more than my four years of attending college. Good Thing that is NOT Martha!

I’ll let you in on a little secret. I’m very visual. Pretty much when Eddie asks me what I like – I google “pretty laundry room” or “super fabulous furniture” and send him a photo. I realize this may make it harder in the long run trying to match everything in the picture instead of just giving a general idea of what I like, but it’s how I work. It’s just so hard for me to visualize what our home is actually going to look like when it’s all done getting its not so extreme home makeover.

However, there was a glimpse into McNest’s future that was made last week.

The bedroom used to look like this. I’m gonna just be honest and say – not my favorite. As you can see from the photo, we had no floors...one white wall...one green wall...one wallpaper border (see previous entries for my feelings about that)...and lots of unprettiness! I just knew it would never look like the cozy bedroom hideaway pictured on page 58 in Southern Home Living magazine.

But now…after some paint, some trim work, and some hard working Hansons putting down a floor, here’s what we have. Hello pretty! Progress that I can see – I love it. This is the part of home renovating that I love…yet hate. I now realize how great things really are going to be, but I also have become more aware of how long it’s going to take to finish everything. I want to hire Ty Pennington and his team to come in and just get it all done overnight.

Now though that the room is practically ready for me to move into (I kid I kid) I totally have shopping on the brain. I know you’re thinking when do I not have shopping on the brain, but I’m talking about shopping for home décor people! Bring on the Rooms to Go, Ashley Furniture, World Market, and Pier 1! I’m not interested in heading to JCrew, Banana Republic and American Eagle (though if they were on the way I could just run in real quick and pick up a top or something). I want to take a day off and wander around furniture stores looking for a bed, dresser and nite stands. I want to purchase a pretty rug. I want to find closet organizers. I want pretty accessories!

I want to spend too much money and single handedly revive our flailing economy on my own!

You can thank me later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a difference!!!

Anonymous said...

Oops - it was meant to be regkkb. my bad!

 
template by freebloggerdesigns.blogspot.com